Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
New call types
09-28-2011, 03:33 PM
New call types
1. 911 hang up (for police)
2. lift assist ( for fire to assist ems)
3. heart problems or any organ problems that would cause the above(# 2)
4. Domestic disturbance (for police)
any and all additions are welcome

GTA IV FIRE DEPARTMENT CLAN
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2011, 10:32 PM
RE: New call types
(09-28-2011 03:33 PM)rescuetech14 Wrote:  1. 911 hang up (for police)
Tis one is very unlikely to be implemented into the game, since there are servere legal restrictions in germany on when the address from where a 110 (police) or 112 (al other emerg. services)-call is originatinating can be traced w/o explicit consent.
09-30-2011, 11:25 AM
(09-29-2011 10:32 PM)ho1774 Wrote:  
(09-28-2011 03:33 PM)rescuetech14 Wrote:  1. 911 hang up (for police)
Tis one is very unlikely to be implemented into the game, since there are servere legal restrictions in germany on when the address from where a 110 (police) or 112 (al other emerg. services)-call is originatinating can be traced w/o explicit consent.
thats very interesting because in the U.S. almost all emergency service hang ups are responded to by some sort of emergency service personnel

10-01-2011, 12:13 AM
(09-29-2011 10:32 PM)ho1774 Wrote:  Tis one is very unlikely to be implemented into the game, since there are servere legal restrictions in germany on when the address from where a 110 (police) or 112 (al other emerg. services)-call is originatinating can be traced w/o explicit consent.

I'm surprised that counts for 110 & 112... Here it will appear on the computer where you are right when you call (based off phone number, landlines are more accurate than mobile ones).

Co-Admin for Little River Fire Dept.
10-01-2011, 02:46 PM
(10-01-2011 12:13 AM)1291ga Wrote:  
(09-29-2011 10:32 PM)ho1774 Wrote:  Tis one is very unlikely to be implemented into the game, since there are servere legal restrictions in germany on when the address from where a 110 (police) or 112 (al other emerg. services)-call is originatinating can be traced w/o explicit consent.

I'm surprised that counts for 110 & 112... Here it will appear on the computer where you are right when you call (based off phone number, landlines are more accurate than mobile ones).
well what acutally happens is it pops up on a map on a screen and based on the gps chip in the phone thats how we know where to send them

10-04-2011, 09:40 PM
(10-01-2011 02:46 PM)rescuetech14 Wrote:  well what acutally happens is it pops up on a map on a screen and based on the gps chip in the phone thats how we know where to send them

Here Landlines are linked to the address, But what you said counts for mobile phones.

Co-Admin for Little River Fire Dept.
10-07-2011, 01:28 PM
My mobile is linked to my address as well as my wifes (we don't have a landline in our house anymore) My phone is also supposed to be able to locate where I am to dispatch via gps, but has never worked when I called 911
10-07-2011, 01:35 PM
thats the thing we had to do a major update to all of our dispatch systems a couple years ago and it was down for like a week so if we got a call the dispatchers had to call the station and tell us it was kinda funny because we gave the secretary a radio scanner and whenever they would call on the phone she would dispatch them through that radio

10-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Like most things American, there's are many different technologies and levels of implementation of those technologies. Wireless Phase 2 (GPS pinpointing the cell phone) only came to NH a couple years ago, but I think California has had it for years. Depending on your dispatch center, you may or may not have the software to deal with it. Some wireless carriers assign addresses to cell phone users, some don't. Then there's policies and procedures. Some places simply don't respond to a hangup; some send cops. And some send Police, Fire and Ambulance; not assuming what the hang up was for. Any assumption of "Here in the US" isn't really credible because here in the US, we do it differently depending on the region, state and even town.

Now as for new call types, it is again important to realize this is a German game that the hosts have graciously made available in English so we can enjoy it too. Plus, I really don't want to chase Bulls#!t calls when I'm playing. Don't most of us do that now for real?

John Marcel
Concord, NH USA Fire Alarm
10-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Amen Brother