Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Helicopter
04-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Helicopter
This is just a suggestion, but maybe have high priority calls for ems where they have to send a helicopter to the scene and have the helicopter based out of the Hospital. Just wondering what other people thought of that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2011, 07:54 PM
RE: Helicopter
(04-15-2011 12:07 PM)HFD196 Wrote:  This is just a suggestion, but maybe have high priority calls for ems where they have to send a helicopter to the scene and have the helicopter based out of the Hospital. Just wondering what other people thought of that.

Like it!
05-04-2011, 09:03 PM
I'd REALLY like to see this implemented if possible, add calls such as major MVA/MVC's and HIGH priority med calls (trauma cases, etc.) that normally would involve a helicopter

Co-Admin for Little River Fire Dept.
10-30-2011, 11:57 PM
agreed

Milton 12
11-16-2011, 12:12 AM
(10-30-2011 11:57 PM)ffahistory Wrote:  agreed
I aggree as well I suggested this a few months ago and people though i was out of my mind

Fire911 Moderation Team
Missouri Show ME Administrator
11-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Besically there is still the same objection that had been frim the beginning: a 5x5km-Map is simply to small for a rescue helicopter to be usefull. Ground-based ambulances will alwas be on scene much quicker.
11-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Everyone keeps going on about how cool it would be to have a helicopter but like ho1774 I fail to see the need for this to be implemented and here are my reasons why.

1. There are far more useful vehicles that could be added to the game than a helicopter, like foam units, hazmat trucks etc, where as a helicopter will do the EXACT same thing as a regular ambulance

2. With a slight amount of thought as to what you build and where, you can have an ambulance on scene in well under a minute, hence no need for a helicopter.

3. I can think of one thing which is far better than a helicopter and as far as I know has not been mentioned as of yet, that is;
customising your city, so you can have high rise areas, suburban areas, rural areas, industrial areas, lakes, trains, motorways, bridges and maybe an airport, that way you can position your stations and appliances/trucks/apparatus in a more strategic way. I would prefer this to a helicopter any day!

Sam1454

Fire911.net Super Moderator
UKFRS Administrator / Commissioner

http://wiki.fire911.net/wiki/UKFRS,_Unit...ue_Service
11-22-2011, 07:38 AM
You actually might get your wish about the helicoter, but only if the players in the german version finsh 1.5 Mio calls by Nov. 29th...
11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
What about only being allowed to use the Helicopter when performing a call "outside" our own cities, or when a minimum amount of injured persons are at a scene. I think that a Life flight (helicopter) unit might be handy at a Gasoline explosion with 10 injured.

Executioner
Missouri "Show Me" Administrator
11-26-2011, 11:30 PM
sam1454 i agree with the city stuff.. but i think the chopper part was just an idea because we (at least my department) uses them a lot...either way i like both ideas and cant wait to see what will come of them.

Milton 12