Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Volunteer Fire Department/Stations
12-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Volunteer Fire Department/Stations
I was wondering about possibly, maybe changing the layout of the map, to incorporate, rural, maybe lakes, And being able to have the option to have volunteer departments, or specific stations be volunteer. Just a thought.
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2011, 11:48 AM
RE: Volunteer Fire Department/Stations
I thought it would be neat before, delayed response, but if a volunteer station was cheaper and staff didn't cost then it would be worth it. +1

Co-Admin for Little River Fire Dept.
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2012, 12:25 PM
(12-23-2011 02:49 AM)twp1980 Wrote:  I was wondering about possibly, maybe changing the layout of the map, to incorporate, rural, maybe lakes, And being able to have the option to have volunteer departments, or specific stations be volunteer. Just a thought.

I had a idea that falls under this topic, but maybe not this discussion, so sorry if out in left field. I was thinking that at some point it may be nice if we could build VFD buildings in another member of our own associations cities. Being they are Volunteers, the calls would pay extremely low percentages of the call value. Larger players that have achieved the 25 building limit would be able to spend some of their credits & be able to help smaller players more efficiently. Then as the owner of the city approaches the need to reacquire the space, he/she could have the building removed.

Executioner
Missouri "Show Me" Administrator
01-07-2012, 11:52 PM
or purchase the building and equipment from the association member that has it in their district
01-08-2012, 03:49 AM
(01-07-2012 11:52 PM)twp1980 Wrote:  or purchase the building and equipment from the association member that has it in their district

Only problem I see with this would be like one of the other ideas that Lak mentioned would be a outlet for cheating w/ multi accounts. That risk will always be there when it comes to any type of transfer of credits, so we may be better off avoiding that.

Executioner
01-08-2012, 03:23 PM
very true i didn't think about that
01-09-2012, 03:11 AM
(01-08-2012 03:49 AM)Executioner Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 11:52 PM)twp1980 Wrote:  or purchase the building and equipment from the association member that has it in their district

Only problem I see with this would be like one of the other ideas that Lak mentioned would be a outlet for cheating w/ multi accounts. That risk will always be there when it comes to any type of transfer of credits, so we may be better off avoiding that.

which idea was that?
01-12-2012, 12:40 PM
(01-09-2012 03:11 AM)Lak101 Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 03:49 AM)Executioner Wrote:  

which idea was that?

I believe it was the suggestion of "selling vehicles". I know u posted something on it early in the convo, but maybe it wasnt u that started the thread. Doesnt really make a difference as nobody is being made out to have a foolish idea, it just happens that the same potential problem could happen with both ideas.

Executioner
01-13-2012, 01:09 AM
i am still backing my volunteer departments/stations idea, but perhaps just keeping it with in our own districts. or maybe even a combination station where there are paid and volunteer...