Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Apparatus
05-11-2012, 07:26 PM
New Apparatus
I don't know if German fire departments have anything like this as i have not done very much research into the subject but would it be possible to add a brush truck not as a specialty unit but as a type like the engine but would cost less and not be as effective it would useful to people who are just starting and are having long completion times on their calls

GTA IV FIRE DEPARTMENT CLAN
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2012, 07:39 PM
RE: New Apparatus
Not a bad idea. I like the idea of a brush truck. Not sure what the German equivalent would be, or if we already have something that they use. We have burning Trees calls, so a unit such as this would help on a call such as that.

Executioner
Missouri "Show Me" Administrator
05-13-2012, 12:09 AM
http://wiki.fire911.net/index.php?title=LF_8/6 this engine is pretty much what would qualify as a brush truck.
05-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Figured we already had something of the sorts. Thanks Twp, that is very informative & helpful.

Executioner
05-13-2012, 09:59 PM
well twp actually what i meant was almost like american brush trucks if you can follow me here i was talking about an apparatus that was specifically designed for forestry fire combat something that would help on grass fires the trees on fire calls and maybe some new ones that would require the vehicle

05-14-2012, 01:50 AM
I don't think that it is required at the moment for three reasons, firstly there is no wooded areas on the map at present, secondly the burning trees calls are simply a couple of trees alight, in the UK we have very similar trucks to Germany and a couple of trees alight is easy handled with one our standard trucks. last but not least, I am starting to get tired of repeating is as I'm sure you have heard before but I'll say again anyway "this is an English language version of a German game, therefore the only trucks that will be introduced will be German ones" accept it guys, if it doesn't exist in Germany then it will not be implimented.

Sam1454

Fire911.net Super Moderator
UKFRS Administrator / Commissioner

http://wiki.fire911.net/wiki/UKFRS,_Unit...ue_Service
05-14-2012, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 10:25 AM by rescuetech14.)
sam i understand and thats why the original post says and i quote "im not sure if they have anything like this in germany as i have not done much research into the subject" but i was simply saying that if there is an equivalent in the german firefighting force as i was not sure and i understand what you and twp are talking about but for the unit i was suggesting it down the road as it would require its own specific calls also i was implying that the burning trees call was like a forest fire i was not thinking that it was just a simple small fire

05-14-2012, 06:29 PM
As I have said before, the game requires for everyone to use a little imagination. The call "Burning Trees" could be looked at in multiple ways, depending on the players perspective & imaginative train of thought. The Map doesnt really have to have a wooded area in order to have a brush/forest fire. Just like we dont need to see a cat in a tree visually to believe its actually there. There also are not patients lying in the streets, but some calls depict it as so. All of these require some imagination on the part of the players. I like the idea as I said before but it may need to wait until newer calls are implemented that would need the units.

Rescuetech14 clearly mentioned that he was not sure if they have a unit like this in Germany. I dont believe he is ignorant, & shouldnt be talked to as such. He is free to make any suggestions just like everyone else.

Sam1454, please refer to my post in the moderators forum about 3 weeks ago, please.

Executioner
05-16-2012, 05:24 AM
(05-13-2012 09:59 PM)rescuetech14 Wrote:  i was talking about an apparatus that was specifically designed for forestry fire combat something that would help on grass fires the trees on fire calls
The TLF 8 is actually what is commonly used as a smal truck for forest fires.
The few areas in Germany that haze to deal with larger forest fires often use extingushing-tanks (based on the german armys "Marder" infantry tank), but that is a rather rare vehicle.
[Image: marder.jpg]
05-16-2012, 10:15 AM
I want one of those in real life, that would be awesome