Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Preset Response Plans (Box Alarms)
08-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Preset Response Plans (Box Alarms)
What are the chances of getting Response Plans (similar idea to a Box Alarm) that we can set up for ourselves. Instead of clicking on each individual unit, we could set up our own specific Response Plans based on our experience in the game. So, if I get an Apartment Fire, I could just click on the Apartment Fire Response Plan in the list and my selected units (in my case, 2 engines, an aerial, a command, and a patrol car) would all be dispatched. Or, if I get a Fallen Cyclist, I could just click on the "Fallen Cyclist" response plan and my selected units would be dispatched. These would be user-defined and specific to each player...for example, I send a full alarm (same as my Apartment Fire Response) on all unknown smokers until I know what they are. Someone else may only send one truck out, and so my Unknown Smoker Response Plan would be different than someone else's Unknown Smoker Response Plan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2012, 02:24 AM
RE: Preset Response Plans (Box Alarms)
In the UK we call it a pre-determined attendance or PDA for short. I think this is a good idea but should only become available to players once they have reched a certain rank or have built a certain amount of stations.

Sam1454

Fire911.net Super Moderator
UKFRS Administrator / Commissioner

http://wiki.fire911.net/wiki/UKFRS,_Unit...ue_Service
08-21-2012, 04:53 AM
Going to have to agree here Sam,the only thing i do differently is send out 1 rescue first to ALL unknown smokers..because sometimes they may ultimately be small calls rather than large ones..as for Apartment fires i usually send out 5-6 rescues(including ladders)..+ PD and a batt...so..it all depends on the call from my view
08-21-2012, 09:46 PM
I like the idea but I agree with SAM, it should be at a point when you have a certain amount of stations and ranks.
08-22-2012, 02:19 AM
well i think all ranked should have or atless the max station is 4 station then crew ranked
08-23-2012, 07:18 AM
i like the idea but agree with sam

Fire911 Moderation Team
UFARS Administrator

Here To Help Feel Free To Message Me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 09:25 AM
The idea in general is good and Sam's idea is also a varry good one. I would like to point out one thing. A lot of the players on the game are from countries not from the UK. It is a good thing to use the UK format for thing for the reason that it teaches us other ways of doing things, but would it not be a good idea to take ideas from other countries also? Find the things that work best and use them also? Just a sugestion? Pre set boxes are a upgrade i would like to see no matter how it is implamented.

9 Fingered Fire Fighter
Captain of the Mutineers
09-02-2012, 03:40 PM
@9fingered we ment we agree with sams idea for it only being available after progress in the game

Fire911 Moderation Team
UFARS Administrator

Here To Help Feel Free To Message Me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-26-2012, 11:03 AM
(08-21-2012 02:01 AM)medicmatt Wrote:  What are the chances of getting Response Plans (similar idea to a Box Alarm) that we can set up for ourselves. Instead of clicking on each individual unit, we could set up our own specific Response Plans based on our experience in the game. So, if I get an Apartment Fire, I could just click on the Apartment Fire Response Plan in the list and my selected units (in my case, 2 engines, an aerial, a command, and a patrol car) would all be dispatched. Or, if I get a Fallen Cyclist, I could just click on the "Fallen Cyclist" response plan and my selected units would be dispatched. These would be user-defined and specific to each player...for example, I send a full alarm (same as my Apartment Fire Response) on all unknown smokers until I know what they are. Someone else may only send one truck out, and so my Unknown Smoker Response Plan would be different than someone else's Unknown Smoker Response Plan

you should tell sam1454 your idea
04-26-2013, 11:13 AM
I think the minimum level to get this should be Crew Chief, because you have a lot of calls once you get that far, then maby a upgrade when you get to Captan to be able to make all of the call boxes you want