Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Umbrella Units Stuck &/or Missing
11-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Umbrella Units Stuck &/or Missing
The Umbrella of Cal/Pratt Operations is having major troubles with Umbrella units. We as members have spent tons of time, energy, credits, & coins on upgrading & maxing out our umbrella, as many other Umbrellas have done Im sure.

We had 100 units when completed & things were running along great, but for the last month or better, it has been nothing but turmoil & headaches. Out of the original 100 units, currently only 47 are available. The other 53 are either stuck at players cities or showing "radio free-business trip" and are totally useless to our members.

I dont mean to be rude here, as I have a lot of respect for the mods of this game, but is this Truly being worked on or has it just been "reported to the creator". This has become very frustrating for our smaller members as you can imagine, which in turn makes it very frustrating for the leaders of each association that is a member.

If the creator has given no response on this matter, or any other, then just tell us that. It be nice to know where we stand on all these different problems, other than its just been "reported". This could prevent people from wasting, yes wasting, their hard earned money on this game any further. It is a complete lack of respect to all the players of this version, including you moderators, if the creator does nothing to maintain, upgrade, or repair the game many of us have spent endless hours on.

Executioner
Missouri "Show Me" Administrator
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: Umbrella Units Stuck &/or Missing
Executioner, this issue has been reported and I have had a response from the creator, there are issues going on at the moment that have to be kept confidential. I can assure you that everything that can be done at present is being done. I understand that the bug is inconvenient to players but we have to be patient. I am however seeking out alternative arrangements to get the game back on track but it will not happen overnight.

Sam1454

Fire911.net Super Moderator
UKFRS Administrator / Commissioner

http://wiki.fire911.net/wiki/UKFRS,_Unit...ue_Service
11-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Thank you for the response. Is it possible to get some form of time frame on a repair? Nobody expects things to be done overnight, but are we estimating a week, 2 weeks, a month, several months......etc? I am also aware of the need to be patient, but I reported this problem almost a month ago, and nothing has changed and no updates given. I have read posts from others as well, which never got a response at all. When I was a moderator, then assistant super moderator, I did my very best to keep players with problems updated on the situation. I am no longer either, due to a extended leave of absence from the game, which is understandable. I still however am the Admin of a association, whose members request the same updates they grown accustomed to, & I feel very frustrated when I am unable to do that for them.

Executioner
11-26-2014, 12:56 PM
If I had a way of knowing the timeframe I would share it. Long and short of it is that this game is in financial hardships and fixing the bug requires spending money which the game does not create. Until the game starts bringing in revenue the bug cannot be fixed.

Hope this sheds some light on it

Sam1454

11-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Well, In my opinion, The game will not bring money in until the bug is fixed because my units are now doing the same thing, I did not even log off.. I finally got them back but they were not even the umbrella units!

I get it, stuff is expensive now-adays but You have to spend money to make money! I will give some by buying some coins and mostly credits, but will not do so until it is fixed because it is getting worse!
11-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Sam1454, that is information that greatly sheds light on what is happening. Atleast now we all know where we stand & can make educated decisions from here. As a past small business owner myself, I can understand the dilemma of expenses going out versus incoming income. Anyone that works and pays bills also is fully aware of this scenario...lol. Unlike a household though, a business is intended to be profitable, and requires capital to be spent in order to increase profits. You cant continue to do the same things & expect a different result. The money spending players, also the long time customers that are committed to this product, are leaving due to the bugs/errors & the lack of updates.

Nobody in their right mind is going to invest money in, advertise for, or attempt to help out in anyway, a game that is full of problems & has been left unmaintained for well over a year now. There has been a endless amount of ideas posted that would have made the game better, more interesting, & with that....more profitable. Those ideas however were ignored, even the good ones. The advertisements at the top of the screen are generating some form of revenue, or they wouldnt be there. What about the other versions of the game? If they are running in the black, some of those profits could be used to improve this version, in essence "Rob Peter to pay Paul". Another idea would be to implement a new "Super Unit" of sorts (Fire Helo, Bomb Squad, Swat Team, etc...) that costs coins to acquire. Players are impatient, & Im guessing more than one or two would spend the real money to acquire such a unit, versus saving 3 a day.

Also, sometimes airing ones dirty laundry, so to speak, to a dedicated and committed customer base can wield great ideas and generosity to raise up and help out. With that being said, it generally helps to do so before we are in a situation that everyone is gun shy to spend, due to the fact of the customer service, the last year and a half, they have been provided. It takes a big person to step out on a limb and try to create a profitable business that will provide people with enjoyment, but it takes a even bigger person to admit their short comings and ask for help.

Executioner
11-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Executioner believe me I understand where you are coming from just bear in mind I am not the one that controls the finances of the game. All I know is that the English speaking version (this game) cost 40,000 euros to make and has made very little revenue. In comparison to the German language version. This game also incurs monthly costs just to keep the game online which the advertising keeps the turnover in pretty much break even territory. The creator Sebastian is now concentrating on other online browser games that are drawing in the revenue. Provided they are successful we may see an update or bug fixes

Sam1454

11-29-2014, 10:26 PM
I maybe working on a temp fix that may only work in active assoc. i will post if it works for our umbrella assoc.

Thanks Zac
11-30-2014, 01:10 AM
Sam1454, I appreciate the info you have given on the subject and allowing this discussion to be aired for everyones benefit. I also understand your position, and are in no way at fault for the games problems &/or shortcomings. Your merely the middle man in the whole ordeal, and left with the miserable task of hearing everyones rants.

To be totally honest, I would rather him just give us all a shut down date at this point rather than see the game and its players suffer & slip from what it once was. It feels as though after this long already, we may not be able to avoid the unevitable, and problems will get a lot worse before it comes close to getting better. From a business standpoint though, you sometimes have to cure the headache by cutting off the head.

Zacw1994, not sure what your up to, but tread carefully as any type of tampering with the system could create more troubles, for you and the game....lol

Executioner
11-30-2014, 09:28 AM
(11-30-2014 01:10 AM)Executioner Wrote:  Sam1454, I appreciate the info you have given on the subject and allowing this discussion to be aired for everyones benefit. I also understand your position, and are in no way at fault for the games problems &/or shortcomings. Your merely the middle man in the whole ordeal, and left with the miserable task of hearing everyones rants.

To be totally honest, I would rather him just give us all a shut down date at this point rather than see the game and its players suffer & slip from what it once was. It feels as though after this long already, we may not be able to avoid the unevitable, and problems will get a lot worse before it comes close to getting better. From a business standpoint though, you sometimes have to cure the headache by cutting off the head.

Zacw1994, not sure what your up to, but tread carefully as any type of tampering with the system could create more troubles, for you and the game....lol

its just using the regular game features